Nelson Hare Krishna Society is a not-for-profit charitable trust
that has been developed for the spiritual and material
benefit of all interested persons. The objects of the
society are based on the values and teachings of A. C.
Bhaktivedanta Swami, as he taught in his voluminous
The primary objects of
the Society are as follows:
- To disseminate spiritual knowledge and to educate
all people in the objects and techniques of spiritual
life in order to check the imbalance of life-values and
to achieve peace and unity in the world.
- To propagate consciousness of Krishna as
revealed in the scriptures Bhagavad Gita and
Srimad Bhagavatam, as published by A. C.
- To bring members of the Society together with each
other and nearer to Krishna, who is the prime
entity, and to develop the conceptuals understanding the
each individual soul is part and parcel of Krishna.
- To teach and encourage the Sankirtan
movement, congregational chanting of the holy name of
God, Krishna, as revealed in the teachings of
Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu presented A. C.
- To erect for the use of memers and for society at
large, a holy temple of transcendental worship dedicated
to the personality of Krishna.
- To bring the members closer together for the purpose
of teaching simpler and more natural way of life, guided
by the Varn-asrama social system taught by A. C.
- To publish and distribute periodicals, magazines,
books and other writings especially those by A. C.
Bhaktivedanta Swami with a view towards achieving the
The secondary objects of the Society are:
- To educate members and society at large as to the
benefits of sustainable living, environmental awareness,
and the practices of organic horticulture and
agriculture, and to demonstrate these principles in
- To encourage the study of New Zealand's unique Flora
- To provide an outdoor education facility to
encourage outdoor recreation, including but not limited
to, mountaineering, bushwalking, swimming, kayaking and
rafting, and to develop the understanding that regular
outdoor exercise activity is essential for a healthy
body and mind.
- To provide free of charge, natural health advice to
those suffering financial hardship.
- To provide free of charge, food for the relief of
those suffering from financial hardship.
- To provide counselling services in order to offer
spiritual support and comfort to those suffering from
emotional or mental disturbance.
- To propagate an understanding of the health benefits
of the vegetarian diet, to demonstrate vegetarian
cooking techniques and to distribute vegetarian